When we’re approached by potential buyers of a shed, they often ask, “How do rent to own cabins and sheds work?” For the right person or family, renting to own a cabin or shed is a smart move. We advise our potential renters to go through this simple six-step process to have the perfect shed or cabin delivered to their property.
The Six Steps of Rent to Own Cabins & Sheds
Many people find it helpful to follow a logical process when taking the rent-to-own (RTO) route. Based on our experience, here are six simple steps you can follow to choose a great cabin or shed and comfortably afford it.
- Examine your budget. Sometimes our appetite is a little bigger than our stomach when we’re choosing something that will be part of our property, like a cabin or shed. Before you start looking, sit down for a moment and calculate how much you can comfortably afford each month. It’s a commitment you’ll be making for the next 24, 36, 48, or 60 months.
- Choose your building. Now that you know what’s affordable for you, pick out a backyard structure from Countryside Barns that meets your needs. Visit us at our facility in Eureka, IL, or do what many people do and use our online shed designer. Our experts are available in person, by phone, or online to walk you through your choices and help you find exactly what you’re looking for at a price you can afford.
- Finalize the building details. Our gallery can help you select a cabin or shed that you’ll use for years to come. Some of the most popular uses of our rent to own cabins and sheds are:
- vacation home
- tiny home
- she shed
- man cave
- artist’s studio
- writer’s den
- hobby shop
4. Sign the agreement. Review the agreement first, and ask any questions you may have. The agreement is very straightforward, and you’ll have instant approval with the receipt of your initial payment. You can pay off your contract at any time without a penalty. We use RTO National as our third-party finance company, and they’ll provide you a discount for pre-payment based on the number of payments you’ve made. The maximum finance amount is $15,000.
5. Pay the first and last month’s rent. There is no large down payment or deposit required, which is one of the benefits of RTO. The payment amount will depend on the size of the cabin or shed you select, any customization you included, and the length of your agreement.
6. Accept delivery! The exact time of delivery will vary, depending on if you selected an in-stock or custom building. We deliver throughout the midwest, including Chicago, St. Louis, Indianapolis, and Milwaukee.
The rent-to-own program (RTO) at Countryside Barns has helped many people be able to have a shed or cabin delivered to their property without going through a credit check. Contact us today and let us help!