Shed landscaping ideas are important because your shed is a prominent part of your yard or landscape. Whether it’s used for storing gardening tools or it’s a she-shed, you want it looking good and not be an eyesore that makes you cringe every time you look at it.
At Countryside Barns, we’ve designed, built, and delivered hundreds of sheds since we started our family-owned business back in 2009. We’re often asked about shed landscaping ideas, and we’re happy to offer some suggestions. Here are five ideas that you can use to gussy up your shed.
- Put some pavers out in front. Pavers not only are useful for walking on after the rain has stopped falling and the grass is slippery, but they add a nice visual touch as well:
2. Add window boxes. It’s amazing how something so simple can make such an impact. They’re not expensive and they’re available in sizes that are perfect for sheds. You can easily install them yourself, and they’ll get even more attractive as they’re weathered:
3. Use the seasons to your advantage. In the picture below you can see how they created an autumn theme. The pumpkins were a very nice touch and went very well with the greenery. You can do the same thing for the other seasons and holidays. Accent your shed landscaping with holiday lighting and add plants that are associated with the season, like chrysanthemums in December:
4. Have an attractive walkway leading up to your shed. It doesn’t have to be as long as a football field, but have your walkway be long enough to feel like walking over to your shed is an event, like walking up to someone’s front door. Notice with the walkway in the image below how it is surrounded by a raised vegetable garden. It gives the walkway a nice enclosed feeling and you’ll enjoy the vegetables when they’re ready for your table:
5. Landscape the roof. Notice how the shed below is small and in a corner of the yard. There may not be a lot of room for landscaping in front of the shed or to the sides, but covering the roof with plants and flowers that can survive year-round can transform a simple shed into one of the focal points of your yard:
We hope these shed landscape ideas are something you can use, or at least get your creative juices flowing to suit your personal tastes. Contact us at Countryside Barns if you not only need landscaping ideas, but if you need a new shed as well. We’re always happy to help.