Is there a penalty for paying off my rental contract early?
There are no penalty fees for early payoffs on your rent-to-own shed or building. You can pay off your rent-to-own contract at any time. RTO National provides a discount on your contract balance based on the number of payments you have made.
Is a large down payment required for rent-to-own buildings?
No. There is no large down payment required on rent-to-own buildings. At Countryside Barns we do require the first and last month of rent to be paid at the time of rental. This amount can be as low as $87/month for each of those months, or a total of $175.
How can I make payments on my rent-to-own building?
You have a variety of ways to make a payment on your rent-to-own shed, cabin, or portable building.
- Credit card online through a secure payment portal
- Credit card via phone
- PayNearMe locations
- Money order
- Check by mail
What are the benefits of rent-to-own vs traditional financing?
The major benefits of rent-to-own vs. traditional financing when it comes to sheds, cabins, and portable buildings are:
- No credit checks
- You can pay off your rental at any time
- No large security deposit required
- If you have uncertainty about purchasing a building outright, rent to own is a good way to go because if the building use is no longer needed a year after delivery we can come back and pick it up and you have no more worries about having to resell it. If the building does end up being a long-term solution for you, you OWN the building once your payments are done! No wasted rental payments! Each payment works toward building yourself equity.
When are rent-to-own payments due each month?
The payment due date for each month depends on when you initiate your rental contract. Usually, you have a 30 day grace period to make your payment each month.
What happens if I miss a rental payment?
If you go for a certain number of months with paying your building will be subject to repossession. Don’t worry though, you will be notified before someone comes to your door knocking.
What happens if I want to stop paying rent?
If you no longer want to pay rent on your building, just give us a call and we’ll come to pick it up. There are no fees, however, you will not get that last month’s rent back that you paid at the time of signing the contract.
Are there any rent-to-own restrictions?
While there aren’t many restrictions on rent-to-own financing. The following apply:
- The total purchase price of shed, cabin, or portable building must be less than $15,000.
- Certain Countryside Barns structures and products are not eligible for rent to own, it’s best to call us at 800-467-4614 to find out current restrictions. In general your product needs to be portable, not one that is permanently installed in your backyard.
- There are certain cases where you are required to be a landowner in order to qualify for the rent-to-own program. This includes products like the chicken coop and dog kennels.
Who is rent-to-own for?
Rent to own is for you if:
- You are tired of paying for self-storage,
- You don’t have cash on hand to pay for your building,
- You want to invest in an asset you will own at the end of your rental agreement,
- You don’t want to have to go through a credit check to get financing,
- You are ready to buy a Countryside Barns shed, cabin, or portable building.
Click to Apply